Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Bye Bye Brass Fireplace

Shortly after we moved in, we knew that the brass surround and trim on the fireplace had to go.  After a bit of Googling we determined that a bit of sanding and some Rustoleum flat black heat paint would easily fix our problem.

It is always daunting to paint something that wouldn't normally be painted but it turned out good and looks much better.

Picture of mantle from for sale ad.

Rustoleum High Heat paint
Starting on the insert.
Decided to paint in dining room; not sure why.
Finished product (got a good cleaning at some point after this picture :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment